Many people are familiar with Facebook for social networking, but have not tried the free services offered by www.linkedin.com.
I first tried out their services over about a year and a half ago and have over 500 contacts that proved useful not only as a Technical Recruiter, but for finding my next job.
Just this morning I received an email about a job possibility. So, recruiters can also type in key words and find your resume to contact you.
What I don't like about resumes is that they are generally black and white. It is hard to make a resume come to life with words. If you try too hard, you come across as a fake.
So, one day as I was adding information to my LinkedIn resume, I noticed a way to be able to load up a video or a writing sample. I think everyone should take advantage of this option. So, I immediately loaded up a writing sample and since I was marketing my YouTube for the Jingle contest, I loaded that up too.
Now, instead of just firms finding my resume for recruiting opportunities, I listed a desire to work in the Food Service Industry or even Advertising. The interactive part of my resume shows that I at least know how to market myself. And, this was all free.
Now, my resume is in color and moves and breathes. It has life. It paints a picture of who I am and what I can do better than I could even explain with a few words.
You can check out my profile at www.linkedin.com under Liz Youngmayer Hand and send me an invitation or click on the link below.
Singing on live radio at the historical marker event
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=151641805&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic
No comments:
Post a Comment